Miss Seychelles…Another World 2014 Camila Estico described her Miss World experience as an eye opener. She said the experience gained in the Miss World pageant will be passed on to Seychelles Tourism Board to boost up its preparation of future Miss Seychelles…. Another World contestants for the Miss World pageant. Camila returned to Seychelles with a handful of experience which if used wisely can make a great difference in the preparation of the Miss Seychelles… Another World 2015 for the Miss World pageant.
Seychelles and France opened a new page in the promotion of tri linguistics in the tourism industry. A new agreement of partnership to better prepare lecturers at Seychelles Tourism Academy to successfully pass their exams and attain first and second levels of certificate Elementary in professional French (DELF) or "DELF Professionel’’ was signed between Geneviève Lancu, French Ambassador to Seychelles and Anne Lafortune, Principal Secretary for Tourism.
Miss Seychelles 2014, Camila Estico proudly represented the Seychelles islands at the 64th edition of Miss World 2014, held last night in London, UK.
The coveted title was won by Miss South Africa, Rolene Strauss who was crowned on stage by Miss World 2013 Megan Young.
The top three places, which were announced in reverse order, also saw Miss Hungary Edina Kulcsar being named as runner-up and Miss USA Elizabeth Safrit in third place.
A huge crowd flooded the grounds of St Mary’s Catholic Church on La Digue for the 2014 edition of the Christmas with the Stars festive season show. La Digue is third most populated island of the Seychelles and the Diguois and tourists alike came out in force for this second edition of the Christmas with the Stars Concert. Back by popular demand, the 2014 Christmas with the Stars is staged by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture in Collaboration with St Mary’s Church Committee.
So much more than sun, sea, and sand. Six years of reforms have made this island nation an investment paradise with a diversifying economy. Seychelles is perhaps best known as the ultimate get-away-from-it-all luxury the islands “Providing accommodation infrastructure for growing visitor numbers while balancing environmental concerns…the holiday destination is blessed with palm fringed beaches lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.” says
‘Next Hot Model UK – 2014’ chooses beauty of the Seychelles Islands as the backdrop for their annual photography shoot
Next Hot Model UK is an increasingly popular talent-scouting venture to discover, nurture and mentor male and female modelling talent who are over 16 years of age and provide them with an inroad into the extremely demanding fashion industry.
Scouting heats are held over a 4-5 month period in over 10 cities and towns along the south coast of England, a process which, in 2014, attracted over 1500 aspiring model entrants in what is a totally free to enter and win competition.
- President Michel appoints Freddy Karkaria, Chairman of SHTA and Managing Director of SELECT-SEYCHELLES to the Council of the high level National Environmental Advisory Council
- Reigning Miss Seychelles… Camila Estico qualifies for the quarter finals of Miss World Beauty Pageant Talent contest
- Seychelles Tourism Board strengthens its position in India with launch of Air Seychelles direct flight
- Christmas with the stars moved on La Digue
- Miss Seychelles pays tribute to the late Honduran beauty queen
- SUBIOS, the Seychelles Festival of the Sea will be tweaked and relaunched as Seychelles' Ocean Festival to mark its 25 Anniversary in 2015 to make it more relevant for the concept of the Blue Economy and remain relevant for a key Seychelles niche market
- Miss Seychelles donates first batch of healthy lifestyle brochures to students
- Tourism ministers pledge to achieve common goal in the Indian Ocean region
- CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board addresses the IORA (Indian Ocean Rim Association) historic Tourism Ministerial Meeting in Seychelles
- Tourism Personalities line up announced for February the International Institute for Peace through Tourism (IIPT) Meeting in South Africa