'Seeing more Seychellois claiming back their industry is encouraging,' says Seychelles' tourism minister.
It is encouraging to see more Seychellois claiming back the tourism industry, responding to the call made by the government.
These words were echoed by the country's Minister for Tourism and Culture Alain St.Ange after he visited the Enchanted Island Resort today. This tourism establishment is located on Round island which lies in the Sainte Anne marine park.
The Seychelles Tourism Academy and the Cape Wine Academy in South Africa have crystallised their first working partnership. Four professionals from the Seychelles Tourism Academy, Peter Moncherry the general manager, Michel Athanase operations manager, Jill Emile and Sylvianne Bonnelame food and beverage lecturers will leave Seychelles September 6th 2015 for a sommelier course at the Cape Wine Academy.
Tourism Minister Alain St.Ange to personally head Seychelles delegation to the UNWTO General Assembly in Medellín, Colombia
Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture will be personally heading the Seychelles delegation to the 21st. Session of the UNWTO General Assembly meeting in Medellín, Colombia (12-17 September 2015).
President James Michel receives a music recording studio whilst in India to help young performing artists of the Seychelles
President James Michel of the Seychelles took delivery of a digitally controlled music recording studio as he was in Mumbai on the last leg of his State Visit to India. President Michel said that he wanted to ensure that the young performing artists are helped to launch their first music album and it was for this in mind that he welcomed the donation of the recording studio that will be attached to the Department of Culture.
Arts exhibition showcases exceptional talent by Seychelles School of Visual Arts says Minister responsible for Culture
Alain St.Ange, the seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture said, as he toured the "True Colours" Arts Exhibition at the Arts Gallery of the National Cultural Centre that the School of Visual Arts needed to be congratulated for staging an excellent exhibition that brings to life on canvas the diversity that makes Seychelles the tourism destination with a difference. Minister St.Ange, who was being accompanied by his PS for Culture Benjamine Rose, said that the different exhibits showed the eye for detail by the island's artists. "Yes our artists have talent, but more importantly they have all been able to bring out sights and colors we too often take for granted. The exhibition is worth a visit by all who admire Seychellois Art" said Minister St.Ange.
As part of the celebrations to mark this year's Praslin Culinary & Arts Fiesta, the Seychelles' Musicians Association and the country's Ministry of Tourism and Culture will be honouring two musicians hailing from Praslin.
- Seychelles Tourism moves to consolidate its presence in India as Air Seychelles announces India Rupees 33,000 fares (inclusive of all taxes) between Mumbai and Seychelles
- All is set for the second Praslin Culinary & Arts Fiesta in Seychelles.
- Kenya Airways Seychelles Manager retires after 36 years
- Seychelles launches Miss Creole des iles international
- Seychelles Tourism heads to Mumbai in India
- UNWTO Secretary General and Tourism & Culture Minister of Seychelles delivers closing statements at Mombassa Forum for East Africa Tourism Development
- Kenya, Uganda & Seychelles Tourism Ministers join UNWTO conference session on Innovation for East Africa Position for Global Competitiveness
- My first celebration of Lafet La Digue; Miss Seychelles 2015
- Taleb Rifai of the UNWTO and Alain St.Ange from the Seychelles arrive in Kenya for the UNWTO East Africa Tourism Development Forum
- Tourism and Culture Minister of Seychelles meets Ghana President John Dramani Mahama at his Accra Presidential Offices