The Seychelles Tourism Board led by its CEO, Sherin Francis and accompanied by the Board's European Director Bernadette Willemin and Russian Market Manager Karen Confait together with the Russian based representative Access Russia, conducted a two days promotional tour in the Russian Capital, Moscow, from 13th to 14th September. A series of meetings was organized with both local travel trade, press and media culminating with a special Seychelles evening.
The Seychelles Tourism Board was present amongst some other countries under the Vanilla Islands umbrella for an Indian Ocean-dedicated event in Belgium last week.
The event, which took place on Thursday 08th September, was organised by the Tour Operator Footprints in Belgium. There were several partners from the Vanilla islands which included the Seychelles Tourism Board, Ile Reunion Tourisme, Air Austral, Crystal Cruises and Nira Hotels & Resort.
"Staying connected with the Seychelles tourism trade" are the words echoed by Tourism Minister St.Ange
In his drive to stay connected with the Seychelles Tourism Trade, Alain St.Ange the island's Tourism and Culture Minister is maintaining its visit program to tourism establishments. In his last visits the Tourism and Culture Minister has saluted the efforts of the private sector for contributing towards the development in the tourism industry and for the unique products and services on offer.
The French Tourism Trade Fair, the IFTM Top Resa 2016 will be back on the trade fair calendar once again from the 20th to 23rd September 2016 and the Seychelles Tourism industry will of course be present with a 23 member delegation representing 12 companies: Air Seychelles, 7°South Ltd (DMC), Alphonse Island Seychelles, Berjaya Resort Seychelles, Bird Island, Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel, Creole Travel Services (DMC), Kempinski Seychelles Resort, Masons Travel (DMC), Maia Luxury Resort & Spa, Savoy Resort & Spa and The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach Seychelles. Minister Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture, Sherin Francis, the CEO of the island's Tourism Board will also be joining Bernadette Willemin, the Tourism Board's Director for Europe and her Team at this year's IFTM Top Resa.
The Seychelles known for its with sandy beaches, turquoise blue seas and a weather pattern that has give it the tagline of the islands of perpetual summer moved since the last couple of years to position its culture in its list of unique selling points. This move brought the people of Seychelles to be at the centre of their tourism industry because with the people of the islands their could be no culture to be showcased.
South Africa remains a very important tourism source market for Seychelles with now five non-stop direct weekly flights between Johannesburg and the mid-ocean tropical islands.
Seychelles Tourism Board and Turkish Airline meet with the French travel trade to present the flights to the Seychelles Islands
The Seychelles Tourism Board Office in Paris joins the Turkish Airline Paris team to present the airline’s forthcoming flights to the Seychelles to the French travel operators.
The cocktail event was held on Tuesday the 06th September 2016 in the airline office.
- Meeting with General Managers of large Hotels and the one-island one-resort properties to discuss the coming hotel classification program for Seychelles
- New Seychelles Travel Guide app set to change the way tourists explore the islands
- Ministers join in the celebrations with Hindu Community of Seychelles
- Whole Foods Fresh Market and Cafe on Praslin is a plus to both the tourism industry and to the Praslinois
- Tourism Minister discuss preliminary results of the Carrying Capacity study for Seychelles
- AVANI SEYCHELLES PROPOSES KREOL CABARET A cultural event showcasing music & dance
- Meeting to discuss a permanent public access to Anse Georgette on Praslin
- Tourism Minister visits "Chez Odet"… a home away from home in the English River District of Mahe
- Turkish Airlines flight launch may bring more business, tourism to Seychelles
- Graduates in the Hospitality Trade are finding their place in the Tourism Industry of Seychelles - Vanessa Albest at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is one such success story