Curtains were drawn on the third Seychelles-China Day celebrations last Saturday with the final activity which was a Chinese bazaar right in the heart of Victoria.
The bazaar was held at the National Cultural Centre in Victoria and was officially opened by the Minister for Tourism and Culture Alain St.Ange in the presence of the principal secretary for culture Benjamine Rose, charge d'affaires at the Chinese embassy Zhang Xiangyang, chairperson of the Seychelles Chinese Association Charlie Ng Ping Cheun and members of the local Chinese community.
SEYCHELLES WITNESSES THE OPENING OF CARAMBOLE RESTAURANT, BAR AND LOUNGE AT ANGEL FISH BAYSIDE MARINA ROCHE CAIMAN
Aron Rose and his brother Jacky N'Diaye have come together to open the CARAMBOLE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge at the Angel Bayside Marina at Roche Caiman. The two Seychellois businessmen recently returned to Seychelles accompanied by their younger sister Chanella Rose who is now the Marketing Manager for the business that officially opened its door last Friday the 5th February.
Italian press congratulates Seychelles but says private sector needs to brush up on its service delivery
Monette Rose, the Seychelles Tourism Board's Manager in Italy accompanied a delegation of press from Italy when they met with Minister Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture at the Ministry's ESPACE Building Offices.
Georges Payet, the Seychellois artist who launched his Happy New Year song in Chinese to mark Spring Festival 2016
Seychelles is known for its "Happy New Year' songs that mark the closing of one year and that welcomes in a new year. This song has been traditionally been in Creole and year after year used as the music to dance to as one welcomes in the new year.
Bilateral talks between China and Seychelles in the area of Culture - Minister Ding Wei and Minister Alain St.Ange happy with talks
Culture Ministers from the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Seychelles met last week for bilateral talks. Vice Minister Ding Wei from the People's Republic of China was in Seychelles for a two day working visit which included the signing of a MOU for cooperation for a period of three years from 2016.
Joerg Roterberg has been appointed as the new General Manager of the RAFFLES Praslin Resort in the Seychelles. Last week Mr Roterberg paid a courtesy call on Minister Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture at his ESPACE Building offices. Also present at the meeting were Anne Lafortune, the PS for Tourism and Sherin Naiken, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board.
- Shanxi dance troupe of China gives dazzling performances in Seychelles
- Seychelles delegation arrives in Germany to fly the island's flag at the Düsseldorf Carnaval
- AFRICA PEACE AWARD 2016 - MANCHAM RECEIVES CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES FROM PRESIDENT AND OTHERS
- Seychelles and China engage in talks to boost cooperation in tourism
- Seychelles-China Day celebrations officially launched
- Ethiopian Airlines Seychelles are ready to mark Chinese new year
- Seychelles Tourism Board reviews marketing strategies and plans the way forward for 2016
- Seychelles renews cooperation agreement with Culture Ministry from China
- Tourism Public / Private sector Partnership in Seychelles sees continuation of Multi Sectorial Meetings again in 2016
- China Vice Minister Ding Wei greeted by Seychelles Minister Alain St.Ange as he arrives in Seychelles on an official visit