The Seychelles Tourism Board is intensifying efforts to attract more leisure travellers from Reunion Island.
The STB representative in Reunion joined travel agents to network with different groups and associations in the main cities of the French overseas department in the Indian Ocean.
The first in a series of networking events was held in the city of Saint Paul and Saint Leu on June 19th and 21st.The marketing events were geared towards presenting the destination to the presidents of the different associations. Over 20 presidents of associations attended the networking sessions in both cities.
The Seychelles islands, renowned for its exotic sceneries, will once again be featured in an upcoming international television series.
A UK-based production house -- Baby Cow Productions -- has identified some of the islands’ uncrowded and idyllic beaches as the perfect setting for latest edition of its TV series -- High and Dry. Rich in wild nature, the beaches’ backdrop, will provide the perfect location for their plot -- a plane crash survival on a deserted island -- to unfold.
Third Multi Sectoral Meeting: Proposed revision of national parks entrance fees, stray dogs and mooring facilities discussed
Government officials met with stakeholders from the private sector in the third Multi Sectoral meeting for 2017 to discuss and propose solutions to challenges affecting the tourism industry.
The meeting held on Friday 23rd June at the Ex-National Assembly Hall, National house, was chaired by the Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine Mr. Maurice Loustau Lalanne.
A presentation on proposed changes in entrance fees for visitors to access the national parks and marine parks, mooring concerns on Praslin, stray dogs and tax on hybrid and electric cars were the main items on the agenda.
Air Seychelles, the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, has announced it will operate non-stop charter flights from Chengdu, located in southwestern China, to Seychelles.
The airline will offer flights from the city of more than 14 million people every Wednesday from 19 July through to 23 August, providing six return services in total during the period.
Air Seychelles teamed up with the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) to secure the charter services following a series of promotional events aimed at increasing awareness of the tropical archipelago in China, one of the fastest-growing travel markets in the world.
Doreen D’Souza has been appointed Resort Manager of DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles – Allamanda Resort & Spa. She becomes the first Seychellois and African woman to be appointed to the top role by the resort.
Prior to her promotion, D’Souza was the HR & Training Manager for Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and DoubleTree by Seychelles – Allamanda Resort & Spa.
D’Souza has 27 years of expertise in the hospitality industry and has been working for Hilton since 2006.
International media buzz on Spanish football star Alvaro Morata whisking new wife to honeymoon in Seychelles
Seychelles appears to continue to be among the preferred choices of international football stars searching for the perfect holiday or honeymoon destination.
According to the UK news site MailOnline, Spanish professional footballer Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello have chosen the island destination as their idyllic honeymoon getaway. This has also been reported in several other UK and Spanish news website.
After tying the knot in Venice, Italy, Morato seems to have whisked his new wife off to a Seychelles honeymoon, spending their first days as husband and wife enjoying the powder-white beaches and clear turquoise waters of the islands.
- Germany leads the way in visitor arrivals to Seychelles
- It’s a wrap! South Africa’s Tropika Island of Treasure season 7 ends, Seychelles’ profile as a tourist destination boosted
- Touchdown Marketing! Alphonse Island, Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles create awareness at rugby event in Durban
- Better connections with North America’s travel trade expected as Seychelles Tourism Board joins USTOA
- Seychelles as a ‘destination of choice’ generates interest among travel trade at Indaba Exhibition in Durban
- Seychelles’ MAIA Luxury Resort and Spa wins Best Island Hotel accolade by Prime Traveller Awards
- Air Seychelles announces codeshare service to Beijing, Seychelles Tourism Board hopeful the move will help ease travelling for Chinese visitors
- Seychelles’ annual Benelux roadshow going from strength to strength
- Seychelles concludes 3rd edition of the Eastern Europe Roadshow, providing an added boost to a growing market
- Absolute Seychelles: A new magazine providing an insider’s guide to the island destination