A group of 20 tour operators and travel agents in Ireland now have a broader knowledge of the Seychelles islands and its products, which will allow them to better sell the destination.
The group recently attended a destination training organised by the Seychelles Tourism Board’s UK office.
The training in the form of an evening presentation was held at the Spencer – a new and popular spot in Dublin.
Emirates Airline has extended its global marketing agreement with the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB), renewing its support to the island destination.
Emirates’ Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations for Africa, Orhan Abbas, and STB’s Chief Executive, Sherin Francis, signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Monday April 23, 2018.
The signing was done on the sidelines of the 2018 Arabian Travel Market (ATM), Middle East's largest travel trade event, held in Dubai.
Seychelles Tourism Board records successful participation at the 2018 Arabian Travel Market in Dubai
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) participated in the 25th edition of the Arabian Travel Market (ATM), Middle East's largest travel trade event.
The 2018 ATM was held from April 22 to 25, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The 4 day event saw the participation of some 2,500 companies, including key industry players such as Emirates Airline, Etihad Airways, Emaar Hospitality Group, Rotana Group, among others.
Stakeholders agree on strategies for a more action-oriented multi-sectoral committee to address tourism-related issues
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Maurice Loustau-Lalanne chaired the second multi-sectoral meeting for 2018.
This was held last Friday, at the STC Conference Room.
The Multi-sectoral meeting brings together government officials and representatives of the private sector. The platform allows for a review of the tourism industry’s performance, while also giving stakeholders the opportunity to discuss and propose solutions to challenges affecting the industry.
North Island, a luxury private island resort in Seychelles, has won gold at this year’s African Responsible Tourism awards.
The award ceremony was held last Wednesday evening, at the WTM Africa travel and tourism trade show in Cape Town, South Africa.
North Island scooped the gold award in the ‘Best for Aquatic Species & Habitat Conservation’ category.
The Tourism Department has renewed the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label (SSTL) certification of three hotels – Cote d'Or Footprints and Constance Lemuria on Praslin and the Four Season Resort Seychelles at Baie Lazare.
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Maurice Loustau-Lalanne presented the SSTL certificates to the representatives of the three hotels on Thursday.
This was during a short ceremony held at the ministry’s headquarters at Botanical House, Mont Fleuri.
- Seychelles ensures it remains visible on the African continent through a 4th participation in WTM Africa
- Queen Elizabeth among the last cruise ships to grace the Seychelles’ Port Victoria this season
- STB launches ‘The Seychellois Creole Cuisine’ photo contest
- Seychelles intensifies preparations to become the first African host of the FINA Marathon Swim World Series
- Seychelles Tourism Board hosts series of workshops in South Africa to drum up bookings to the destination
- Seychelles showcased at London event hosted by UK’s biggest and most popular casino
- Seychelles Tourism Board conducts four-city roadshow to promote Seychelles as more than a honeymoon destination in Brazil
- Seychelles features among the world’s Top 20 wedding destinations at the ‘Best Wedding Award’ in China
- Tourism Minister heads to Pointe Au Sel and Anse Royale on first hotel visit for 2018
- Seychelles’ 11th Eco-Friendly Marathon set for February 25, 2018