Almost halfway through the year 2017, Germany has taken the number one spot as the Seychelles main tourism market.
According to latest statistics the National Bureau of Statistics released on Thursday, Germany has sent 21,642 visitors to the island nation up to Sunday June 18th 2017. The figure is 29 percent above that recorded for the same period last year.
This means Germany has surpassed its closest contender, France, which has long been the main tourism market for Seychelles. France, which was number one since the beginning of the year is now second, having sent 20,922 visitors to the island destination.
It’s a wrap! South Africa’s Tropika Island of Treasure season 7 ends, Seychelles’ profile as a tourist destination boosted
The grand finale of the 7th season of South African series Tropika Island of Treasure wrapped up Monday evening, after 12 weeks of spectacular coverage of the Seychelles islands.
Screened on South Africa’s SABC 3 channel, Tropika Island of Treasure Season 7 – filmed in Seychelles – was beamed to millions of viewers who tuned in for the one-hour weekly show.
TV personality Minnie Dlamini was the host of the season and equally well-known Jonathan Boynton-Lee starred as the Games Master.
Touchdown Marketing! Alphonse Island, Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles create awareness at rugby event in Durban
Every opportunity that helps Seychelles to be in the limelight counts!
That is exactly what a team from Alphonse Island, the Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles showcased in Durban, South Africa last week.
A big rugby test match between South Africa and France provided the perfect opportunity for them to bring some warm Seychellois cheer to the game, while networking and promoting the island destination’s tourism products.
Several tour operators and travel agents already selling Seychelles, as well as friends of Alphonse Island and past guests of the island were invited to the event.
Better connections with North America’s travel trade expected as Seychelles Tourism Board joins USTOA
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has been accepted as a member of the United States Tour Operator Association, USTOA.
Through this membership, the Seychelles’ tourism marketing body seeks to establish strategic relationships with key organizations within the travel trade community in North America.
USTOA was created in 1972 by a small group of California tour operators, with the aim of having a unified voice to protect the traveling public, as well as to represent the interests of tour operators.
Today, the New York based organization brings together some of the top names in travel and tourism. It also accounts for a large share of the tour operator market in North America. The membership will hence allow the Seychelles Tourism Board to connect with these industry leaders that represent top destinations and suppliers from around the world.
Seychelles as a ‘destination of choice’ generates interest among travel trade at Indaba Exhibition in Durban
Seychelles recorded another successful participation at the INDABA 2017, as the Seychelles Tourism Board joined local trade partners to promote the destination. The three-day exhibition was held in Durban, South Africa, from 16th to 18th May 2017.
The INDABA trade fair continues to offer a good platform for the Seychelles Tourism Board to strengthen relationships with the trade and close new deals.
Such opportunities to network with trade partners are especially important now that the Seychelles is doubling its efforts to obtain more visitors arrival South Africa, which remains its main market in Africa.
Seychelles’ MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa has been named the Best Island Hotel in 2017 by the Prime Traveller Awards. The prize was announced on 30th May in Moscow.
Prime Traveller is a luxury lifestyle magazine distributed in Russia and its surrounding Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa was chosen for its “exclusive, premium hospitality” by Prime Traveller’s editorial members, who also highlighted the resorts secluded, untouched beach, gentle service and idyllic atmosphere.
- Air Seychelles announces codeshare service to Beijing, Seychelles Tourism Board hopeful the move will help ease travelling for Chinese visitors
- Seychelles’ annual Benelux roadshow going from strength to strength
- Seychelles concludes 3rd edition of the Eastern Europe Roadshow, providing an added boost to a growing market
- Absolute Seychelles: A new magazine providing an insider’s guide to the island destination
- Continuous marketing efforts and new travel options combined promises further growth in Seychelles’ visitor arrivals from German-speaking market
- Christine Barbier readies to relinquish crown after memorable, life-transforming reign as Miss Seychelles…Another World 2016
- Seychelles’ Sea Monkey Villa – A look at what makes the secluded, luxury retreat Africa's Best Coastal Property
- Escapades Seychelles 2017 – A growing partnership reaping a successful harvest on the French market
- The Seychelles Tourism Board organizes China Roadshow, announces incentive for top selling Chinese agents
- Making the most of new opportunities: Seychelles attends inaugural ITB China