The Seychelles Tourism Board adopts a more coordinated and inclusive approach as it joins trade partners to chart 2018 strategy at mid-year marketing meeting
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) sat down with trade partners to discuss and map out a new marketing strategy that will guide the country’s tourism industry in 2018.
The deliberations took place during the mid-year marketing meeting held at the Constance Ephelia Resort at Port Launay on Monday 3rd July, 2017.
The meeting brought together board members, management and staff of the Seychelles Tourism Board including the managers and marketing executives working at the various overseas tourism offices, as well as representatives of the travel trade including airlines, hotels, travel agencies among others.
Seychelles wins Indian Ocean's Leading Tourist Board & Cruise Destination accolades at World Travel Awards
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) is the Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist Board and Seychelles the Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination in 2017.
This was revealed at the World Travel Awards’ Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2017. The event was held at Sun Aqua Vilu Reef – a five star beach resort in the neighbouring Indian Ocean island of Maldives, on Saturday 8th July.
The Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board Mrs. Sherin Francis was presented with the accolades at the red-carpet ceremony, attended by tourism and hospitality leaders from the region and international media.
Air Seychelles has taken the decision to suspend its service between Durban and Seychelles, effective 27 July, 2017.
The performance of the twice-weekly operation and its contribution to inbound tourism in the Seychelles did not meet company expectations.
Roy Kinnear, Chief Executive Officer of Air Seychelles, said: “We have taken the tough decision to discontinue our Durban route as the volume of inbound traffic has fallen short of our expectations.
“Since being launched, the route has relied on travellers connecting to our Mumbai flight on the way to India, while point-to-point traffic demand to the Seychelles has been lower than anticipated.
‘Best of Creole Cuisine’ is the theme of the latest Facebook photography competition launched by the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB).
Open only to citizens of Seychelles, the competition does not have any age limit. Participants are being encouraged to submit photos that depict the creativity and uniqueness of the Seychelles’ mouth-watering Creole cuisine.
STB’s Director of Digital Marketing, Mr. Vahid Jacob said the competition is aimed at boosting the organisation’s image library to support the promotion of one of the destination’s unique factor – its Creole food.
Air Seychelles, the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, has announced a series of non-stop charter flights between Beijing and Seychelles.
The carrier will operate three return Airbus A330 services from the Chinese capital, as part of an agreement signed with a Chinese tour operator Caissa.
Flights have been scheduled to depart Beijing on 27 September, 4 October and 11 October and will provide convenient travel options to the Indian Ocean archipelago during the Golden Week national holidays, a traditionally busy travel period in China.
Seychelles is once again among the chosen destinations as some of Europe’s biggest names in football jet off to several locations around the globe to enjoy their end-of-season break.
The UK news site MailOnline that has been following how the stars are spending their summer holidays, has not failed to spot snaps and videos of the picturesque Seychelles islands shared by Manchester United defender Chris Smalling.
After marrying long-time partner Sam Cooke in Italy, Smalling whisked off his new wife for a romantic honeymoon in the Seychelles.
- The Seychelles Tourism Board reaches out to leisure travellers in Reunion Island
- Seychelles chosen for shooting of UK television series
- Third Multi Sectoral Meeting: Proposed revision of national parks entrance fees, stray dogs and mooring facilities discussed
- AIR SEYCHELLES AND STB JOIN FORCES ON CHARTER FLIGHTS FROM CHENGDU TO SEYCHELLES
- A Hilton Seychelles first! Seychellois Doreen D’Souza appointed to the top role of Resort Manager
- International media buzz on Spanish football star Alvaro Morata whisking new wife to honeymoon in Seychelles
- Germany leads the way in visitor arrivals to Seychelles
- It’s a wrap! South Africa’s Tropika Island of Treasure season 7 ends, Seychelles’ profile as a tourist destination boosted
- Touchdown Marketing! Alphonse Island, Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles create awareness at rugby event in Durban
- Better connections with North America’s travel trade expected as Seychelles Tourism Board joins USTOA