The Seychelles archipelago remains an idyllic destination attracting travelers from across the globe whether they are in search of budget-friendly or celebrity extravagant holidays.
The islands’ lush tropical vegetation, spectacular powder-white beaches and clear turquoise ocean provide the perfect backdrop for vacationers to take enviable snaps.
Well-known personalities are among those constantly choosing the destination for their picture-perfect getaways, including to spend their honeymoon.
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has expressed the desire the see further growth of its relationship with Ethiopian Airlines, for the betterment of both the airline and the island destination.
The Chief Executive of the STB, Mrs. Sherin Francis on Tuesday met with the outgoing Ethiopian Airlines’ area manager for Seychelles, Ms. Meseret Tekalign and her successor Ms. Meron Tsegaye.
The meeting held at the STB headquarters at the Espace Building was attended by STB’s Deputy Chief Executive Ms. Jenifer Sinon and Senior Marketing Executive Mrs. Amia Jovanovic-Desir.
Praslin hoteliers express desire to see more activities for tourists upon visit of Tourism Minister to tourism properties on the island
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Mr. Maurice Loustau-Lalanne, proceeded to Praslin Island last week, as he continues to visit tourism businesses, mainly holiday accommodations, in Seychelles.
Praslin, the Seychelles’ second most populated island, is home to many tourism businesses both big and small. Boasting lush tropical vegetation, clear turquoise waters and powder-white beaches that often make the list of the world’s best beaches, the island is a firm favourite among travelers to the archipelago.
Winning accolades across various categories at the World Travel Awards 2017, demonstrates that Seychelles, in spite of being small in size, remains relevant as a tourist destination.
The Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) Mrs. Sherin Francis said this on Wednesday last week, while addressing representatives of the award-winning businesses.
STB and the Ministry of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine joined together to honour the national airline, port authority and hotels, who were voted the Indian Ocean best and the best in Seychelles, in their respective categories at this year’s World Travel Awards. This was also an opportunity for the award winners to be presented to the local media.
Seychellois Naomy King won the title of the most photogenic model at the Top Model of the World 2017 competition, held in El Gouna, Egypt.
The pageant’s grand finale was held on Friday 14th July.
King who also made it to the top 6, was ranked fourth at the end of the competition.
“I feel very proud as I was not expecting to be among the top 6 out of 40 contestants,” she said.
The 17-year-old model was chosen to represent Seychelles at this year’s Top Model of the World, after she had to renounce her participation in the Miss Intercontinental competition last year, due to school commitments.
Getting Seychelles into the ‘spotlight’: Seychelles Tourism Board moves to educate Kenyan travel agents on the destination
Seychelles had the opportunity to boost the knowledge of Kenyan travel agents, enticing them to promote and sell the island destination among Kenya’s outbound tourism market, as the Seychelles Tourism Board joined the recent Spotlight workshops in Nairobi.
The workshops were conducted at the Raddison Blu Hotel and Villa Rosa Kempiniski in Nairobi on July 6 and 7.
Seychelles was among 10 tourist destinations at the two-day event, which saw the participation of some 30 exhibitors and 187 agents.
- Seychelles’ tourism industry mourns passing of longtime hotelier Louis D’Offay
- Tourism Minister heads to south Mahé as he continues to visit tourism properties in Seychelles
- Another certified green hotel for Praslin: Acajou Beach Resort obtains Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label
- Tourist establishment in Seychelles supporting community initiatives in the fight against climate change showcased on CNN’s Inside Africa
- Kafe Kreol -- Seychelles’ popular beachfront restaurant at Anse Royale reopens with new name, look and ownership
- The Seychelles Tourism Board & Air Seychelles treat German travel agents to a ‘spontaneous weekend’ in Seychelles
- Seychelles named top island destination in Africa & Middle East by Travel + Leisure for second year running
- Greater destination awareness as Seychelles draws extensive exposure on South African TV
- Tourism Department consults stakeholders on new policy for water sport businesses in Seychelles
- The Indian traveller! The Seychelles Tourism Board holds seminar for greater insights on the potential of the Indian Market